Another Tuesday. Another Top Ten Tuesday (Ok, I admit it is Wednesday by now, but I had Monday off which means my Tuesday felt like my Monday… you see the problem 😉 ) As much as I love days off, they mess with my head and confuse me all week!
Hm tough theme as more often than not the sequels disappoint me. So I might not be able to make it up to ten books.
1. A Million Suns (Across the Universe trilogy) by Beth Revis
One of the best sequels ever in my eyes as it continued the main story but with a twist, putting one of the heroes from part one into the shoes of the baddy of part 1, suddenly understanding why he did what he did and being tempted to do the same.
2. Game (Jasper Dent) by Barry Lyga
I loved part 1 and I loved part 2. The story continues but gets more twisted and dense. I like the way the story continues, the main couple is NOT splitting up in part 2 and things are just getting more and more thrilling.
3. Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer
I just like the Lunar Chronicles series. (Can’t wait for part 3!) I like the way fairy tales are retold in a futuristic world, but always a bit differently than you expect. First part was Cinder (Which I loved too, I am picky with heroines in books, but I loved both Cinder and Scarlett a lot!).
4. Numbers #2 (The Chaos) by Rachel Ward
I liked the characters and the story of the sequel way more than of the first installment. It made me think of part 1 as merely a prequel, to give the reader some background before the real story starts. Part 2 and 3 are much closer connected and to me the „real“ story of the trilogy.
5. The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
6. Das Spiel des Engels (The Angel’s Game) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
7. Verdammnis (MIllenium Trilogy) by Stieg Larsson
8. The Weed that strings the hangman’s Bag (Flavis de Luce) by Alan Bradley
9. Prized (Birthmarked Trilogy) by Caragh M. O’Brien